Causes of infertility
Of infertility (sterility) is when it despite unprotected intercourse does not come for pregnancy within one year at a couple. Approximately every tenth pair is affected in Austria it. About 50% of all couples will seek medical help. The reason is when man and woman equal verteilt.Ganz generally following factors play an important role: age, stress, nicotine but also a variety of physical causes.
THE WOMAN come into question following reasons:
• A malfunction of the hormonal regulation prevents the maturation of a fertilized ovum ready.
• The fallopian tubes have to carry the task sperm to the egg and then the fertilized egg in the uterine cavity. The fallopian tubes can be glued by inflammation, or be disturbed only in their function.
• growth of endometrial cells outside the uterus (endometriosis) - this women often suffer from severe pain just before the onset of menstruation.
• sperm need through a narrow channel - can ascend - the cervix. Is this not by inflammation or by a fibroid (muscle knots) passable, there is also no pregnancy.
• Many small oocytes interfere with the hormonal balance and lead to a suppression of the maturation of a fertilized egg = polycystic Ovary - PCO
• The sperm can not fertilize the egg, because the immune system sees these sperm as foreign bodies and these wards so. Very rare.
• Abnormalities of the uterus, fallopian tubes or ovaries are also very rare.
THE MAN: Most often a deficient production of normal, well-motile sperm cell is found. Causes for the deficient production of Sammenzellen can be numerous: state after mumps infection in childhood, varicose veins in the testicle area - Varicocelle, undescended testis - Chryptorchismus, diabetes, testicular tumors, injury in the heredity, infections, smoking, pollution, stress